12:00 PM EST (New York)
Live Webinar: How to deal with biofilm – new approaches in periodontitis, mucositis and peri-implantitis
Speaker(s): Marisa Roncati
Please login or register
In order to view this webinar you need to login into your account. Don't have an account? You can create one for free.
How to deal with biofilm – new approaches in periodontitis, mucositis and peri-implantitis
Non-surgical therapy remains the cornerstone of periodontal treatment.
Attention to detail, patient compliance and proper selection and application of adjunctive antimicrobial agents for sustained biofilm control are important elements in achieving successful long-term results. Frequent re-evaluation and careful monitoring allows the practitioner the opportunity to intervene early in the disease state, to reverse or arrest the progression of periodontal and peri-implant diseases, with meticulous non-surgical anti-infective therapy. Various treatment modalities, including, antimicrobial therapy, gingival irrigations, and host modulation, may be used as adjunctive treatments in the non-surgical management of periodontal infections.
The emerging topic to be addressed in this dental webinar will be peri-implantitis. The non-surgical treatment of this condition has proven quite successful in the case of mucositis. Vice versa, in the case of progressive and irreversible bone loss, the non-surgical solution is not predictable, however, it is recommended as a first therapeutic phase. In some well documented clinical cases, the non-surgical option may have very satisfactory long- term outcomes. In other cases, it can help to significantly prolonging the survival rate of severely compromised implants. The protocol, particularly composite and differentiated, associated with the use of PERISOLV, will be described with clinical images, drawings and videos.
Disclaimer 2018 1st of March: Please observe that Dr. Roncati had wrong information. An application for a FDA approval for Perisolv is not filed. Consequently is Perisolv not available in USA yet.
Release date: 28/02/2018
Expiration date: 28/02/2021
“How to deal with biofilm – new approaches in periodontitis, mucositis and peri-implantitis” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
- Laureata in Lettere Classiche, nel 1981, presso l’UNIVERSITA’ di Bologna
- Laureata in Odontoiatria e Protesi Dentaria, presso l’Università di Ferrara, nel 2000
- Igienista Dentale, diplomata a Boston, U.S.A., nel 1984, presso la Forsyth School, Harvard University
- Prof. a c. Corso di Laurea in Igiene Dentale dell’Università di Bologna (1991-2002) e di Ferrara (2002-2006)
- Prof. a c. Corso di Laurea in Igiene Dentale dell’Università Politecnica delle Marche (2008- attuale) Presidente Prof. Angelo Putignano
- Docente Titolare del modulo didattico “Follow up ed igiene professionale post protesica” al Master Universitario di II livello di Bologna di Protesi ed Implantoprotesi con Tecnologie Avanzate. Direttore Prof Roberto Scotti, 2008-attuale
- Insegnante all’European Master Degree on Laser Applications (EMDOLA). Università la Sapienza, Roma, Direttore Prof. Umberto Romeo, 2009-attuale
Ask the Expert
Please login and watch the entire webinar before attempting to take the C.E. Quiz. Once you watch the webinar please return here to take the C.E. Quiz and print your C.E. Certificate.
Already logged in and watched the webinar? Please try to reload the page by using the button below.