3:00 PM EST (New York)
Live Webinar: CBCT based value-added diagnostic information in the periodontal treatment planning
Speaker(s): Milena Barać DDS, PhD Student
Please login or register
In order to view this webinar you need to login into your account. Don't have an account? You can create one for free.
CBCT based value-added diagnostic information in the periodontal treatment planning
CBCT as a modern diagnostic tool in periodontal treatment planning
Periodontitis and diagnostic procedures
Probing and 2D radiographs are commonly used for diagnosis and monitoring of periodontal disease. None of these methods are without limitations. Attachment loss evaluation using periodontal probe is conditioned by manipulation and anatomical characteristics of the teeth. Limitations associated with the use of a two-dimensional image include: localization, size, morphological characteristics of intrabony defects especially in the buccolingual plane. With the advent of CBCT the assessment of alveolar bone level and bone defect architecture is simplified.
CBCT in assessment of periodontal bone level
The clinical measurements obtained during the surgical procedure represent the “gold standard” in determining of the alveolar bone level. In vitro studies have demonstrated a high accuracy of CBCT method in determining the level of bone resorption. The existence of a positive correlation between the measurements obtained during the surgical procedure and the relevant linear radiographic measurements obtained from CBCT images confirm the CBCT as a reliable and non-invasive method for assessing the success of regenerative therapy.
Use the CBCT for correct diagnosis, determining prognosis and appropriate treatment plan of periodontal disease.
Release date: 07/04/2015
Expiration date: 07/04/2018
“CBCT based value-added diagnostic information in the periodontal treatment planning” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
Milena Barać DDS, PhD Student
Academic and professional career:
- 18.11.2009 – D.D.S, School of Dental Medicine, University of Belgrade (average mark 9,26)
- 01.12.2009 – Carried out one year of the obligatory professional practice at the Clinics of the School of Dental Medicine in Belgrade
- 28.12.2010 – Government Professional Exam
- 2008 – 2011- Volunteer work in private practice
- 2010 – Ph.D. studies, Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine at the School of Dental Medicine in Belgrade
- 2010 – PhD student
- 2012 – a project supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Serbia (Interaction of ethiopathological mechanisms of periodontitis and periimplantitis with systemic diseases, PI-Vojislav Lekovic)
- 2013 – Assessment of bone loss in periodontitis using CBCT
- Serbian Medical Society
- Serbian Society of Periodontology
- European Federation of Periodontology (EFP)
Publications and international meetings:
- Cimbaljevic M, Kilibarada V, Manojlovic D, Donfrid B.Compression therapy in the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities. 1th IMSCNS, Apstract Book, Novi Sad 2006.
- Trtovac F, Cimbaljevic M, Rakic M, Donfrid B. Significance of compression therapy in prevention of lower limb vein system disorders in health care workers. 48. Students’ Congress of Biomedical Sciences of Serbia, Apsrtact Book, Kopaonik 2007.
- Cimbaljevic M, Kuzmanovic J, Zivkovic S. The impact of the light source on the marginal seal of composite restorations. 49. Students’ Congress of Biomedical Sciences of Serbia, Apsrtact Book, Lepenski Vir 2008.
- Kuzmanovic J, Cimbaljevic M, Ilić J. Efficiency of mandibular anesthesia for painless endodontic procedure on vital pulp. 49. Students’ Congress of Biomedical Sciences of Serbia, Apsrtact Book, Lepenski Vir 2008.
- Cimbaljevic Barac M, Miletic V, Mudrak J, Jankovic S, Nikolic Jakoba N. The CBCT as a modern diagnostic tool in assessing furcation involvement. 19th Congress of the Balkan Stomatological Society-BaSS, Book of abstracts (P133, pg.162). Belgrade, Serbia, April 24-27, 2014.
- Pucar A, Petrovic Matic S,Cimbaljević Barac M, Radunovic M, Kuzmanovic Pficer J. Presence and quantification of Candida spp at tongue and subgingival samples in diabetics and nondiabetics. 19th Congress of the Balkan Stomatological Society-BaSS, Book of abstracts (P240, pg.209). Belgrade, Serbia, April 24-27, 2014.
- Pucar A, Matic-Petrovic S, Radunovic M, Barac-Cimbaljevic M, Pficer-Kuzmanovic J, Jotic AZ, Lalic NM. Presence and quantification of Candida spp in diabetics and nondiabetics (Meeting Abstract). ORAL DISEASES,Vol 20, p.19. Alanya, Turkey, 2014.
Ask the Expert
Please login and watch the entire webinar before attempting to take the C.E. Quiz. Once you watch the webinar please return here to take the C.E. Quiz and print your C.E. Certificate.
Already logged in and watched the webinar? Please try to reload the page by using the button below.