4:00 PM EST (New York)
Live Webinar: Are we playing “Russian Roulette” with our patients? Everything about factory-made contaminants on sterile packaged dental implants
Speaker(s): Dr. Dirk Duddeck
Please login or register
In order to view this webinar you need to login into your account. Don't have an account? You can create one for free.
Are we playing “Russian Roulette” with our patients? Everything about factory-made contaminants on sterile packaged dental implants
No one expected sterile dirt on medical devices. However, recent tests found the opposite. This dental webinar unveils the consequences for dentists and informs about how to avoid major risks.
A quality assessment study conducted in collaboration with the Charité University Medicine, Berlin, revealed an alarming number of sterile packaged dental implants with factory-made contaminants among the 100+ tested samples. Significant amounts of hazardous impurities and even numerous nickel-, tungsten- or chromium-containing metal particles raise serious concerns among dentists. Unfortunately, the majority of dental practitioners have little unbiased information about the surface quality of the implants they use in their daily practice.
Interviews with renowned experts like Prof. Tomas Albrektsson (Department of Biomaterials, Gothenburg University) and Prof. Jack Ng (American Board of Toxicology, University of Queensland) underline the crucial importance of this topic for the practitioner. Patients and clinicians will bear the costs for inferior quality implants. Inflammatory processes, bone loss, and even implant failure as possible consequences of impurities and uncontrolled foreign body reactions directly affect the patients. Additionally, dentists risk losing their reputation or may even face lawsuits and claims for damages. Neither you nor your patients deserve this. Join the webinar, and stay informed.
• Learn more about the biologic response on foreign bodies and the relation to peri-implantitis
• See why residue-free implant surfaces are crucial for a successful osseointegration
• Get information about the extent of contaminated implants in the market and learn how to avoid using implants of inferior quality – in other words, how to separate the wheat from the chaff. For your safety and the sake of your patients.
Release date: 15/12/2020
Expiration date: 15/12/2023
Dr. Dirk Duddeck
- 1983-1985 University of Konstanz, Germany, Bachelor of Science in Biology
- 1985-1992 Dental School University Berlin and Heidelberg, Germany
- 1992-2015 Dep. for Craniomaxillofacial and Plastic Surgery, University Heidelberg, and Interdisciplinary Dep. for Oral Surgery and Implantology, University of Cologne, Germany,
- Since 2014 Founder and managing director of the independent “Medical Materials Research Institute” in Berlin, specialized in implant material analysis and officially accredited as testing laboratory according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
- Since 2016 Guest researcher at the Charité University Medicine Berlin Campus Benjamin Franklin; Department of Prosthodontics
- Since 2016 Managing director and Head of Research of the non-profit CleanImplant Foundation
Ask the Expert
Please login and watch the entire webinar before attempting to take the C.E. Quiz. Once you watch the webinar please return here to take the C.E. Quiz and print your C.E. Certificate.
Already logged in and watched the webinar? Please try to reload the page by using the button below.