10:00 PM EST (New York)
Live Webinar: An Overview of Minimally Invasive Periodontal Surgery Using Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Technology
Speaker(s): Dr. Rana Al-Falaki
Please login or register
In order to view this webinar you need to login into your account. Don't have an account? You can create one for free.
An Overview of Minimally Invasive Periodontal Surgery Using Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Technology
Traditional methods to treat such cases usually involve extensive periodontal surgery, along with the use of regenerative bone substitutes to manage the disease process, at the same time resulting in prolonged side effects of sensitivity, pain and recession, as well as the inevitable need for systemic antibiotics.
This lecture will take you through an overview of aetiology and risk factors associated with periodontal disease, provide you with an overview of available and current treatment modalities, and demonstrate a minimally invasive technique using Er,Cr:YSGG lasers to achieve favourable outcomes with minimal adverse side effects.
- Gain a better understanding of how lasers work on soft tissues and bone
- Gain an understanding of the use of Er,Cr:YSGG laser in periodontics for the management of periodontitis.
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms through which the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can be effective in the periodontal pocket.
- Gain an understanding of the criteria needed for periodontal regeneration, and how the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can help to achieve this goal.
- Be able to describe laser periodontal treatment to their patients.
Release date: 13/12/2013
Expiration date: 13/12/2016
“An Overview of Minimally Invasive Periodontal Surgery Using Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Technology” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
Dr. Rana Al-Falaki
Dr. Rana Al-Falaki qualified from Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry with distinction in 1997. She attained her MClinDent in Periodontics in 2002 with Distinction and was entered into the GDC Specialist List in 2003 after obtaining her exit specialist qualification of Membership in Restorative Dentistry from The Royal College of Surgeons (England).
Ask the Expert
Please login and watch the entire webinar before attempting to take the C.E. Quiz. Once you watch the webinar please return here to take the C.E. Quiz and print your C.E. Certificate.
Already logged in and watched the webinar? Please try to reload the page by using the button below.